Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Love


Happy Birthday Love

They eloped and married each other
Drawn By : Amrita Patnaik

After Some months:
On the day of discharge from hospital
Drawn By : Ananya Behera 

Drawn By : Amrita Patnaik

She had her make up and
her favourite dress after a long time.
Doctor said “Take care girl,
Now you are fine”.

Seeing herself in the mirror,
She did blush, I did smile
The clock struck twelve,
in the meanwhile.

“Happy Birthday Love”, I screamed
& happiness started to linger
I continued singing,
Though I was a terrible singer.

I put a tiara on her head
& a knife on her claw
I brought a vanilla cake
& some candles to blow.

I gave her a greeting card &
lot of photographs of hers.
and a pair of earrings,
Just the design, she prefers.

The sky had no sorrow clouds
It was the month of june.
So took her out in open & I
danced happily with “my moon”.



I woke her up in the morning
& said “Let’s do what you like”
“Take the keys, you will drive,
a long drive in my bike”.

We drank a cup of coffee
On our way return
As the day passed
we had, a lot of fun.

With my poor jokes,
I made her smile.
& then, her doctor
rang up in the meanwhile.

Doctor said “Her reports have come
& I have nothing left to say…
Keep her happy boy,
She will not be there for your birthday”

I summoned all my courage
& decided to conceal
“She cannot leave me alone,
She will have to heal”

After sometime,
She came to me & said

“I will also celebrate
Your birthday like a festival”
I tried, but failed to hold,
the tears before my girl.

We were made for each other
& she was my perfect match
She sat & smiled to me
as I framed her in a sketch.

I gifted her a poem
which I wrote for her.
She kissed me and said
“You will always be mine, duffer”

My tears came in the form of rain
as August arrived.
The doctors kept wondering
“Which vibes could possibly help her survive?”

She grew weak, week by week
I kept praying without uttering a word.
T’was night of twenty - fifth
that she started vomiting blood.

I took her in my arms & started crying
She said smiling “I haven't yet gone away”
“I will be there duffer,
For your birthday”.

Meanwhile the clock struck twelve

I cried for mercy
and looked up above.
& she died with her last words :
Happy Birthday Love”.

-Deepak Kumar Sahu
22/07/2017
                                                         02:13:38 AM
Picture From the movie : Maqbool

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय।

Art By : Amrita Patnaik  दिसम्बर की ठंड और मुझसे दूर तुम। मानो खुद के ही शहर में हो गया मैं गुम। आज भी हर सुबह, वो शाम याद आए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । कड़कती ठंड में भी तुम जैसे, सुबह की हल्की धूप। ढलती शाम में भी निखरते चाँद का प्रतिरूप। वो सारे शाम, जो हमने साथ बिताए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । साथ चलते - चलते उस शाम, तुमने चाय की फरमाइश की। और मेरे ना कहने की तो कोई गुंजाइश न थी। बहुत खूबसूरत लगती हो जब, होठों की मुस्कान, आँखों में आ जाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । बनते चाय में आता उबाल, जैसे तुम्हारे नाक पर गुस्सा। छोटी - मोटी नोकझोंक, वो भी हमारे प्यार का हिस्सा। तेरा मुझे डाँटना, आज भी मुझे रिझाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । दोनों हाथों से चाय का गिलास पकड़कर, तुम्हारा वो प्यार से फूँक लगाना। उन प्यारी - प्यारी अदाओं से दिल में मीठा हूँक उठाना। फिर गिलास को चूमती वो गुलाबी होंठ, हाय!!!! तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । हर चुस्की पर सुकून से तेरा, वो आँखें बंद कर लेना। और खुली आँखों से तुम्हें तकते - तकते मेरा जी भर

मेरे सपनों का भारत...

मेरे सपनों का भारत Art By Ananya Behera Drawn By : Anwesha Mishra कल रात को मैंने एक सपना देखा। सपने में वतन अपना देखा। मैंने देखा कि भारत बन गया है विकासशील से विकसित। जहाँ बच्चे से लेकर बूढ़े सभी थे शिक्षित। लोग कर चुका कर अदा कर रहे थे अपना फर्ज़। और काले धन से मुक्त होकर भारत पे नहीं था करोड़ों का कर्ज़। मेरे सपने में तो भारत अमेरिका के भी विकास के करीब था। उस भारत में, हरेक के पास रोज़गार और कोई नहीं गरीब था। जहाँ हर ओर मज़बूत सड़क, ऊँची इमारत और खेतों में हरयाली थी पर्याप्त। जहाँ विज्ञान का विकास और सर्वश्रेष्ठ थी यातायात। जहाँ उच्चतम तकनीकी विकास और विकसित था संचार। जहाँ नेता भलाई करते थे और शून्य पर था भ्रष्टाचार। मेरा सपना यहीं तक पहुँचा था कि हो गयी भोर। मेरी नींद टूट गई सुनकर गली में एक शोर। गली में कोई ऐसा गर्जित हुआ। कि स्वप्न को छोड़, वास्तविक भारत की ओर मेरा ध्यान आकर्षित हुआ। इस शोर ने मुझे देर से सोने की दे दी थी सजा। मैंने खिड़की खोलकर देखा कि शोर की क्या थी वजह? मैंन

THE XL GIRL

  There are a thousand thoughts cramming my mind And you in all of them, the only constant. Your thoughts have left such a deep impression Nothing can cure me, no ANOVA, no regression My brain has torn apart and fallen aside Giving my heart a free hand to commit the crime Yes, love is a crime after all that has happened, All those sleepless nights, all that pain, all those yowls. I learned no lesson; I am the worst of all.   I try staying away from you, but somehow, I get closer. I try to stop thinking about you, but the desires get deeper. I keep watching you during classes by pinning in Zoom And leave only when a question comes from the Prof, Boom!! I have become your virtual slave, a slave who was not hired. And I wear that badge on my shoulders; God knows what transpired The elegance in your gait and your baleful smile, Have turned me totally imbecile. The warmth in your looks, the feeling of comfort The calmness in your attitude and the bewi