Skip to main content

Paperboats

Art By : Amrita Pattnaik

“Shall I go to the rain?”
I asked myself in fuss.
Standing under under a shed,
Waiting for the bus.

The rain was incessant,
Quenching the thirst of the dust.
& I was ambivalent in
that romantic mid August.

I was in a hurry &
Wanted the rain to stop.
But my plans were bedevilled
With every falling drop.

I had no “dare” to step into
the rain in those attire.
Ironed shirt, polished shoes
were stuck in the middle of the mire.

Today's appointment & some stats
Were written on my palm.
I was freaked out but
Said to myself - “keep calm”.

I stepped out, & then hauled back
As there was money in my wallet.
This was the first time,
I was going to be late.

I had to reach somewhere
With those assignments and reports.
Then I suddenly noticed
Some children, playing with paperboats.

They were completely wet
And were giggling a lot.
All were curiously
Running behind the paperboat.

I could hear the clinking
Of coins in their pocket.
How poor am I?
That time I noted.

When I was a child, I liked
Cycling in this weather.
I deliberately never wore raincoat
& always lied to my mother.

Amidst this nostalgia, I smiled
and then stepped out into the rain.
I loosened my tie, closed my eyes
& let the fountain, to endure my pain.

A soul that was jailed
inside that corporate attire,
I set him free &
Let him respire.

I could see, It was “me”.
The real “me” away from the rush.
Before I could spend more time,
I heard…., the sound of the bus….
-Deepak Kumar Sahu
-दीपक कुमार साहू
23rd August 2018
04:32:25 AM

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय।

Art By : Amrita Patnaik  दिसम्बर की ठंड और मुझसे दूर तुम। मानो खुद के ही शहर में हो गया मैं गुम। आज भी हर सुबह, वो शाम याद आए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । कड़कती ठंड में भी तुम जैसे, सुबह की हल्की धूप। ढलती शाम में भी निखरते चाँद का प्रतिरूप। वो सारे शाम, जो हमने साथ बिताए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । साथ चलते - चलते उस शाम, तुमने चाय की फरमाइश की। और मेरे ना कहने की तो कोई गुंजाइश न थी। बहुत खूबसूरत लगती हो जब, होठों की मुस्कान, आँखों में आ जाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । बनते चाय में आता उबाल, जैसे तुम्हारे नाक पर गुस्सा। छोटी - मोटी नोकझोंक, वो भी हमारे प्यार का हिस्सा। तेरा मुझे डाँटना, आज भी मुझे रिझाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । दोनों हाथों से चाय का गिलास पकड़कर, तुम्हारा वो प्यार से फूँक लगाना। उन प्यारी - प्यारी अदाओं से दिल में मीठा हूँक उठाना। फिर गिलास को चूमती वो गुलाबी होंठ, हाय!!!! तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । हर चुस्की पर सुकून से तेरा, वो आँखें बंद कर लेना। और खुली आँखों से तुम्हें तकते - तकते मेरा जी भर

मेरे सपनों का भारत...

मेरे सपनों का भारत Art By Ananya Behera Drawn By : Anwesha Mishra कल रात को मैंने एक सपना देखा। सपने में वतन अपना देखा। मैंने देखा कि भारत बन गया है विकासशील से विकसित। जहाँ बच्चे से लेकर बूढ़े सभी थे शिक्षित। लोग कर चुका कर अदा कर रहे थे अपना फर्ज़। और काले धन से मुक्त होकर भारत पे नहीं था करोड़ों का कर्ज़। मेरे सपने में तो भारत अमेरिका के भी विकास के करीब था। उस भारत में, हरेक के पास रोज़गार और कोई नहीं गरीब था। जहाँ हर ओर मज़बूत सड़क, ऊँची इमारत और खेतों में हरयाली थी पर्याप्त। जहाँ विज्ञान का विकास और सर्वश्रेष्ठ थी यातायात। जहाँ उच्चतम तकनीकी विकास और विकसित था संचार। जहाँ नेता भलाई करते थे और शून्य पर था भ्रष्टाचार। मेरा सपना यहीं तक पहुँचा था कि हो गयी भोर। मेरी नींद टूट गई सुनकर गली में एक शोर। गली में कोई ऐसा गर्जित हुआ। कि स्वप्न को छोड़, वास्तविक भारत की ओर मेरा ध्यान आकर्षित हुआ। इस शोर ने मुझे देर से सोने की दे दी थी सजा। मैंने खिड़की खोलकर देखा कि शोर की क्या थी वजह? मैंन

THE XL GIRL

  There are a thousand thoughts cramming my mind And you in all of them, the only constant. Your thoughts have left such a deep impression Nothing can cure me, no ANOVA, no regression My brain has torn apart and fallen aside Giving my heart a free hand to commit the crime Yes, love is a crime after all that has happened, All those sleepless nights, all that pain, all those yowls. I learned no lesson; I am the worst of all.   I try staying away from you, but somehow, I get closer. I try to stop thinking about you, but the desires get deeper. I keep watching you during classes by pinning in Zoom And leave only when a question comes from the Prof, Boom!! I have become your virtual slave, a slave who was not hired. And I wear that badge on my shoulders; God knows what transpired The elegance in your gait and your baleful smile, Have turned me totally imbecile. The warmth in your looks, the feeling of comfort The calmness in your attitude and the bewi