Skip to main content

The S.R.I.T Girl


She has kept me thinking about her.
Day and night I am dreaming about her.
Why is this restlessness catching me again,
Have I forgotten that I have got a brain?
She is killing me everyday with her smile,
Rendering my time immobile,
Making my vows more fragile,
That S.R.I.T girl,
Has stolen my heart away a mile.

The petty gossips with her regarding bus time,
Enough to keep me busy for the entire day time.
She walks away in grace without any flaw
Leaving me wondering in awe.
How can I focus on other things,
When she in my life has become prime.
Because that S.R.I.T girl,
Is adorned with simplicity and is pure sublime.

Spoke my heart "She is the one, just go and say"
My mind interrupted "That's not the way. "
Heart said "Love must be expressed. "
Mind said "Consequences will leave you depressed"
This perpetual argument has driven me crazy.
My actions have started getting sleazy.
By putting me in this state of frenzy.
That S.R.I.T girl,
Is enjoying somewhere, warm and cosy.

Even if I don't see her,
She is still in my sight.
Just being close to her is a delight.
I am as dark as chocolate and she is bright.
I may be black but my heart is white.
In terms of philosophy, I have travelled heights.
But I am unable to deduce the cause of this plight.
Is she really responsible for what's happening?
No it's me, for love has shown its might.
It's not a time to decide what is wrong and right.
Since the road ahead is devoid of light.
But that S.R.I.T girl ,after years
Has made my soul fly like a kite.

The more I stare at her , she gets better.
The more I admire her, I sink deeper.
Although it's true that she's few years older.
Still the match is impossible sooner or later.
I can only remain a dumb witness
To my life taking a curl.
I have to forget her to prevent my dreams
From turning into a swirl.
I cannot let my hopes and aspirations
Get pulled inside a whirl.
Years after when I look back ,
At this sweet journey of mine, on someone's call.
Whether I am in the office, in a park or in a mall,
Only one face will come to my mind,
When I think about someone so chaste,
And in my memory glistening like a pearl.
It will be none other than…The S.R.I.T girl.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय।

Art By : Amrita Patnaik  दिसम्बर की ठंड और मुझसे दूर तुम। मानो खुद के ही शहर में हो गया मैं गुम। आज भी हर सुबह, वो शाम याद आए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । कड़कती ठंड में भी तुम जैसे, सुबह की हल्की धूप। ढलती शाम में भी निखरते चाँद का प्रतिरूप। वो सारे शाम, जो हमने साथ बिताए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । साथ चलते - चलते उस शाम, तुमने चाय की फरमाइश की। और मेरे ना कहने की तो कोई गुंजाइश न थी। बहुत खूबसूरत लगती हो जब, होठों की मुस्कान, आँखों में आ जाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । बनते चाय में आता उबाल, जैसे तुम्हारे नाक पर गुस्सा। छोटी - मोटी नोकझोंक, वो भी हमारे प्यार का हिस्सा। तेरा मुझे डाँटना, आज भी मुझे रिझाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । दोनों हाथों से चाय का गिलास पकड़कर, तुम्हारा वो प्यार से फूँक लगाना। उन प्यारी - प्यारी अदाओं से दिल में मीठा हूँक उठाना। फिर गिलास को चूमती वो गुलाबी होंठ, हाय!!!! तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । हर चुस्की पर सुकून से तेरा, वो आँखें बंद कर लेना। और खुली आँखों से तुम्हें तकते - तकते मेरा जी...

मेरे सपनों का भारत...

मेरे सपनों का भारत Art By Ananya Behera Drawn By : Anwesha Mishra कल रात को मैंने एक सपना देखा। सपने में वतन अपना देखा। मैंने देखा कि भारत बन गया है विकासशील से विकसित। जहाँ बच्चे से लेकर बूढ़े सभी थे शिक्षित। लोग कर चुका कर अदा कर रहे थे अपना फर्ज़। और काले धन से मुक्त होकर भारत पे नहीं था करोड़ों का कर्ज़। मेरे सपने में तो भारत अमेरिका के भी विकास के करीब था। उस भारत में, हरेक के पास रोज़गार और कोई नहीं गरीब था। जहाँ हर ओर मज़बूत सड़क, ऊँची इमारत और खेतों में हरयाली थी पर्याप्त। जहाँ विज्ञान का विकास और सर्वश्रेष्ठ थी यातायात। जहाँ उच्चतम तकनीकी विकास और विकसित था संचार। जहाँ नेता भलाई करते थे और शून्य पर था भ्रष्टाचार। मेरा सपना यहीं तक पहुँचा था कि हो गयी भोर। मेरी नींद टूट गई सुनकर गली में एक शोर। गली में कोई ऐसा गर्जित हुआ। कि स्वप्न को छोड़, वास्तविक भारत की ओर मेरा ध्यान आकर्षित हुआ। इस शोर ने मुझे देर से सोने की दे दी थी सजा। मैंने खिड़की खोलकर देखा कि शोर की क्या थी वजह? मैंन...

Paperboats

Art By : Amrita Pattnaik “Shall I go to the rain?” I asked myself in fuss. Standing under under a shed, Waiting for the bus. The rain was incessant, Quenching the thirst of the dust. & I was ambivalent in that romantic mid August. I was in a hurry & Wanted the rain to stop. But my plans were bedevilled With every falling drop. I had no “dare” to step into the rain in those attire. Ironed shirt, polished shoes were stuck in the middle of the mire. Today's appointment & some stats Were written on my palm. I was freaked out but Said to myself - “keep calm”. I stepped out, & then hauled back As there was money in my wallet. This was the first time, I was going to be late. I had to reach somewhere With those assignments and reports. Then I suddenly noticed Some children, playing with paperboats. They were completely wet And were giggling a lot. All were curiously Running behind the paperboat. ...