Skip to main content

20 Minutes

20 Minutes
Art By : Ananya Behera

Art By : Amrita Patnaik 

After waiting for so long,
came my busy girl from behind.
She poked me & smiled
I saw her & shined.

I left my bike there
& we chose to walk.
T’was a boon as I got
more time to talk.

Then it started with my lame joke
but I loved it as she laughed.
As I walked with her,
the distance reduced to half.

I went in & quickly brought
coffee and some snacks for us.
T’was my first date,
So, I started to fuss.

She smiled and asked
“How are you?”
I was on cloud nine,
But she had no clue.

A reflection of God
in her simplicity & style.
She looked so good
with her beautiful smile.

She talked along
& I loved listening to her.
As if, I was sitting in
my favourite class of literature.

She was talking incessantly
in between the sips.
She looked cute, when coffee
made a moustache above her lips.

Wind blew, her hairs flew
& came over her face.
That evening my heart
increased its beating pace.

I clicked many pictures
but by blinking my eyes.
Love was there in between,
the hidden truth & spoken lies.

Then all the noises came to still.
It was a state of oblivion.
She was saying something
which I could not listen.

And then her ringtone
broke the peace.
The beautiful evening
was about to cease.

She said “ I’ll have to go,
or else I’ll be late ”.
I said ‘alright’ and
handed her two chocolates.

I had prepared a day before,
What to say & how to say

But forgot everything as
I looked into her eyes.
We walked down the road,
Then she smiled & said ‘bye’.

I tried, but couldn't say
bye with such ease.
And my heart said :
“Don't go please…”

I gazed her walking away
in the meanwhile…
Then she stopped,
turned around and smiled.

I wanted the time
to stop there forever,
Those 20 minutes with her
were my best time ever…

-Deepak Kumar Sahu
06:34:50 PM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय।

Art By : Amrita Patnaik  दिसम्बर की ठंड और मुझसे दूर तुम। मानो खुद के ही शहर में हो गया मैं गुम। आज भी हर सुबह, वो शाम याद आए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । कड़कती ठंड में भी तुम जैसे, सुबह की हल्की धूप। ढलती शाम में भी निखरते चाँद का प्रतिरूप। वो सारे शाम, जो हमने साथ बिताए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । साथ चलते - चलते उस शाम, तुमने चाय की फरमाइश की। और मेरे ना कहने की तो कोई गुंजाइश न थी। बहुत खूबसूरत लगती हो जब, होठों की मुस्कान, आँखों में आ जाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । बनते चाय में आता उबाल, जैसे तुम्हारे नाक पर गुस्सा। छोटी - मोटी नोकझोंक, वो भी हमारे प्यार का हिस्सा। तेरा मुझे डाँटना, आज भी मुझे रिझाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । दोनों हाथों से चाय का गिलास पकड़कर, तुम्हारा वो प्यार से फूँक लगाना। उन प्यारी - प्यारी अदाओं से दिल में मीठा हूँक उठाना। फिर गिलास को चूमती वो गुलाबी होंठ, हाय!!!! तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । हर चुस्की पर सुकून से तेरा, वो आँखें बंद कर लेना। और खुली आँखों से तुम्हें तकते - तकते मेरा जी भर

मेरे सपनों का भारत...

मेरे सपनों का भारत Art By Ananya Behera Drawn By : Anwesha Mishra कल रात को मैंने एक सपना देखा। सपने में वतन अपना देखा। मैंने देखा कि भारत बन गया है विकासशील से विकसित। जहाँ बच्चे से लेकर बूढ़े सभी थे शिक्षित। लोग कर चुका कर अदा कर रहे थे अपना फर्ज़। और काले धन से मुक्त होकर भारत पे नहीं था करोड़ों का कर्ज़। मेरे सपने में तो भारत अमेरिका के भी विकास के करीब था। उस भारत में, हरेक के पास रोज़गार और कोई नहीं गरीब था। जहाँ हर ओर मज़बूत सड़क, ऊँची इमारत और खेतों में हरयाली थी पर्याप्त। जहाँ विज्ञान का विकास और सर्वश्रेष्ठ थी यातायात। जहाँ उच्चतम तकनीकी विकास और विकसित था संचार। जहाँ नेता भलाई करते थे और शून्य पर था भ्रष्टाचार। मेरा सपना यहीं तक पहुँचा था कि हो गयी भोर। मेरी नींद टूट गई सुनकर गली में एक शोर। गली में कोई ऐसा गर्जित हुआ। कि स्वप्न को छोड़, वास्तविक भारत की ओर मेरा ध्यान आकर्षित हुआ। इस शोर ने मुझे देर से सोने की दे दी थी सजा। मैंने खिड़की खोलकर देखा कि शोर की क्या थी वजह? मैंन

THE XL GIRL

  There are a thousand thoughts cramming my mind And you in all of them, the only constant. Your thoughts have left such a deep impression Nothing can cure me, no ANOVA, no regression My brain has torn apart and fallen aside Giving my heart a free hand to commit the crime Yes, love is a crime after all that has happened, All those sleepless nights, all that pain, all those yowls. I learned no lesson; I am the worst of all.   I try staying away from you, but somehow, I get closer. I try to stop thinking about you, but the desires get deeper. I keep watching you during classes by pinning in Zoom And leave only when a question comes from the Prof, Boom!! I have become your virtual slave, a slave who was not hired. And I wear that badge on my shoulders; God knows what transpired The elegance in your gait and your baleful smile, Have turned me totally imbecile. The warmth in your looks, the feeling of comfort The calmness in your attitude and the bewi