Skip to main content

The Katkia Girl

The Katkia Girl

I tried and tried but could not sleep
Since her smile had taken it away.
She was disturbing me even in my thoughts
Throughout night and day.
I looked for solace but couldn’t get any
Cos’ feelings like this for me were uncanny.
I diverted my mind but in vain,
My mind had accepted that it had gone insane.

That one look of hers with constant gaze
Made my heart fall into a maze.
The centre of which I couldn’t decipher
I felt helpless during the entire endeavour.
For my restlessness there was no reason,
My mind was accusing my heart of treason.
I saw myself trapped in a cage,
Or was this a delusion putting me in a haze.

Initially for her I was just an acquaintance,
But soon we became friends nearing the distance.
From friends to lovers the journey wasn’t long,
Everything was smooth and fine like a sweet song.
She wanted both to become one, I can’t feign ignorance.
But I can’t disavow the bitter truth that,
It was our relationship that caused resonance.
Since I was a complete Sambalpuria at heart,
While she was a Katkia to the core.
The situation stopped me from asking for more.

As I received threats when our news got spreading,
But she was getting them since the beginning.
Even my family and friends were against my decision,
Since I, in the government, was in such an esteemed position.
My marriage with a girl from the other half of the state,
Could have had drastic repercussions.
Our love fell a victim to hatred and chauvinism.
It was a time when Koshal was a part of Odisha
And almost on the verge of partition.
Between both sides there was growing tension.
Such circumstances completely sabotaged our union.
We had no option but absolute separation.

Love knows no boundaries, it has been my stance.
Everything is peaceful now, but I don’t have a chance.
As we both are now married and happy in our lives.
In the season of flowers, I can’t imagine of knives.
Her one photo in Facebook or Instagram,
Still rekindles my long-extinguished fire.
Because God himself is a witness to our love,
Which now remains active no more.
But I will always remain her “weirdo”,
And she will be my “chasmish” forever.
I can never deny the fact that
Once upon a time, when entire Odisha was in flames,
With Koshal and Utkala in an unprecedented violent conflict,
I fell in love for the first time in my life.
And unfortunately, she was a Katkia girl.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय।

Art By : Amrita Patnaik  दिसम्बर की ठंड और मुझसे दूर तुम। मानो खुद के ही शहर में हो गया मैं गुम। आज भी हर सुबह, वो शाम याद आए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । कड़कती ठंड में भी तुम जैसे, सुबह की हल्की धूप। ढलती शाम में भी निखरते चाँद का प्रतिरूप। वो सारे शाम, जो हमने साथ बिताए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । साथ चलते - चलते उस शाम, तुमने चाय की फरमाइश की। और मेरे ना कहने की तो कोई गुंजाइश न थी। बहुत खूबसूरत लगती हो जब, होठों की मुस्कान, आँखों में आ जाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । बनते चाय में आता उबाल, जैसे तुम्हारे नाक पर गुस्सा। छोटी - मोटी नोकझोंक, वो भी हमारे प्यार का हिस्सा। तेरा मुझे डाँटना, आज भी मुझे रिझाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । दोनों हाथों से चाय का गिलास पकड़कर, तुम्हारा वो प्यार से फूँक लगाना। उन प्यारी - प्यारी अदाओं से दिल में मीठा हूँक उठाना। फिर गिलास को चूमती वो गुलाबी होंठ, हाय!!!! तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । हर चुस्की पर सुकून से तेरा, वो आँखें बंद कर लेना। और खुली आँखों से तुम्हें तकते - तकते मेरा जी भर

मेरे सपनों का भारत...

मेरे सपनों का भारत Art By Ananya Behera Drawn By : Anwesha Mishra कल रात को मैंने एक सपना देखा। सपने में वतन अपना देखा। मैंने देखा कि भारत बन गया है विकासशील से विकसित। जहाँ बच्चे से लेकर बूढ़े सभी थे शिक्षित। लोग कर चुका कर अदा कर रहे थे अपना फर्ज़। और काले धन से मुक्त होकर भारत पे नहीं था करोड़ों का कर्ज़। मेरे सपने में तो भारत अमेरिका के भी विकास के करीब था। उस भारत में, हरेक के पास रोज़गार और कोई नहीं गरीब था। जहाँ हर ओर मज़बूत सड़क, ऊँची इमारत और खेतों में हरयाली थी पर्याप्त। जहाँ विज्ञान का विकास और सर्वश्रेष्ठ थी यातायात। जहाँ उच्चतम तकनीकी विकास और विकसित था संचार। जहाँ नेता भलाई करते थे और शून्य पर था भ्रष्टाचार। मेरा सपना यहीं तक पहुँचा था कि हो गयी भोर। मेरी नींद टूट गई सुनकर गली में एक शोर। गली में कोई ऐसा गर्जित हुआ। कि स्वप्न को छोड़, वास्तविक भारत की ओर मेरा ध्यान आकर्षित हुआ। इस शोर ने मुझे देर से सोने की दे दी थी सजा। मैंने खिड़की खोलकर देखा कि शोर की क्या थी वजह? मैंन

THE XL GIRL

  There are a thousand thoughts cramming my mind And you in all of them, the only constant. Your thoughts have left such a deep impression Nothing can cure me, no ANOVA, no regression My brain has torn apart and fallen aside Giving my heart a free hand to commit the crime Yes, love is a crime after all that has happened, All those sleepless nights, all that pain, all those yowls. I learned no lesson; I am the worst of all.   I try staying away from you, but somehow, I get closer. I try to stop thinking about you, but the desires get deeper. I keep watching you during classes by pinning in Zoom And leave only when a question comes from the Prof, Boom!! I have become your virtual slave, a slave who was not hired. And I wear that badge on my shoulders; God knows what transpired The elegance in your gait and your baleful smile, Have turned me totally imbecile. The warmth in your looks, the feeling of comfort The calmness in your attitude and the bewi