Skip to main content

Something Something Once Again...


At this midnight hour when all are asleep
And the incessant heavy rain is
Pouring down with all its might,
I, with my books and copies open,
Am thinking only about you
What is happening to me?
What is this weird feeling
That is trying to captivate me?
I wonder why I am unable
To comprehend its meaning.

The chillness of monsoon and the
Pattering of raindrops on the soil
All seem to resonate with the
Sounds of my heart.
These are not my heartbeats
But other sounds that
Could not be expressed or heard.
But Oh! I had this feeling years ago
Not for you but for someone else
Whom I have already let go.
It's the same desire and same sensation
I recall it very clearly.
But no this cannot be love once again.

No sooner do I close my eyes
Than your face comes alive.
The mellifluous tune of your voice
When you call me “RAJ”
Keeps reverberating in my ears.
The petty conversations with you
That sometimes last for long
Are my happiest moments of the day.
Your kohl rimmed eyes and the
Redness of your soft cheeks,
The shine of nail polish
Adding to your beauty,
The mesmerising gleam in your eyes
That almost kill me when I see you,
Your rippling hair falling like a
Cascade on your beautiful shoulders,
All these images subjugate me
And I remain totally helpless.

A fit of nostalgia has driven my thoughts
Back to my first love.
Oh! How dear she was to me!
How passionate I was about her!
But it went all in vain.
She could never understand my emotions
Nor did she understand my love.
Her external beauty may be
In many terms more than you
But her character resembled
That of a worm eaten nut.

No I cannot fight with this
Dreaded disease any more.
Yes, love is dreadful for it has
Intoxicated my entire heart and soul.
I tried in the past,
But got no remedy or cure
This time too I am not sure.
What is that force which is
Driving me towards you?
Why am I heading on aimlessly
In search of an unknown destination?
I know there is my ruin in it
But why can’t I stop?
Every time in love I have suffered pain
Without any gain.
But I can’t deny the fact
Nor can I escape from it
That after a long time in my heart
It’s something something once again.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय।

Art By : Amrita Patnaik  दिसम्बर की ठंड और मुझसे दूर तुम। मानो खुद के ही शहर में हो गया मैं गुम। आज भी हर सुबह, वो शाम याद आए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । कड़कती ठंड में भी तुम जैसे, सुबह की हल्की धूप। ढलती शाम में भी निखरते चाँद का प्रतिरूप। वो सारे शाम, जो हमने साथ बिताए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । साथ चलते - चलते उस शाम, तुमने चाय की फरमाइश की। और मेरे ना कहने की तो कोई गुंजाइश न थी। बहुत खूबसूरत लगती हो जब, होठों की मुस्कान, आँखों में आ जाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । बनते चाय में आता उबाल, जैसे तुम्हारे नाक पर गुस्सा। छोटी - मोटी नोकझोंक, वो भी हमारे प्यार का हिस्सा। तेरा मुझे डाँटना, आज भी मुझे रिझाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । दोनों हाथों से चाय का गिलास पकड़कर, तुम्हारा वो प्यार से फूँक लगाना। उन प्यारी - प्यारी अदाओं से दिल में मीठा हूँक उठाना। फिर गिलास को चूमती वो गुलाबी होंठ, हाय!!!! तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । हर चुस्की पर सुकून से तेरा, वो आँखें बंद कर लेना। और खुली आँखों से तुम्हें तकते - तकते मेरा जी भर

मेरे सपनों का भारत...

मेरे सपनों का भारत Art By Ananya Behera Drawn By : Anwesha Mishra कल रात को मैंने एक सपना देखा। सपने में वतन अपना देखा। मैंने देखा कि भारत बन गया है विकासशील से विकसित। जहाँ बच्चे से लेकर बूढ़े सभी थे शिक्षित। लोग कर चुका कर अदा कर रहे थे अपना फर्ज़। और काले धन से मुक्त होकर भारत पे नहीं था करोड़ों का कर्ज़। मेरे सपने में तो भारत अमेरिका के भी विकास के करीब था। उस भारत में, हरेक के पास रोज़गार और कोई नहीं गरीब था। जहाँ हर ओर मज़बूत सड़क, ऊँची इमारत और खेतों में हरयाली थी पर्याप्त। जहाँ विज्ञान का विकास और सर्वश्रेष्ठ थी यातायात। जहाँ उच्चतम तकनीकी विकास और विकसित था संचार। जहाँ नेता भलाई करते थे और शून्य पर था भ्रष्टाचार। मेरा सपना यहीं तक पहुँचा था कि हो गयी भोर। मेरी नींद टूट गई सुनकर गली में एक शोर। गली में कोई ऐसा गर्जित हुआ। कि स्वप्न को छोड़, वास्तविक भारत की ओर मेरा ध्यान आकर्षित हुआ। इस शोर ने मुझे देर से सोने की दे दी थी सजा। मैंने खिड़की खोलकर देखा कि शोर की क्या थी वजह? मैंन

THE XL GIRL

  There are a thousand thoughts cramming my mind And you in all of them, the only constant. Your thoughts have left such a deep impression Nothing can cure me, no ANOVA, no regression My brain has torn apart and fallen aside Giving my heart a free hand to commit the crime Yes, love is a crime after all that has happened, All those sleepless nights, all that pain, all those yowls. I learned no lesson; I am the worst of all.   I try staying away from you, but somehow, I get closer. I try to stop thinking about you, but the desires get deeper. I keep watching you during classes by pinning in Zoom And leave only when a question comes from the Prof, Boom!! I have become your virtual slave, a slave who was not hired. And I wear that badge on my shoulders; God knows what transpired The elegance in your gait and your baleful smile, Have turned me totally imbecile. The warmth in your looks, the feeling of comfort The calmness in your attitude and the bewi