Skip to main content

THE XL GIRL

 

There are a thousand thoughts cramming my mind

And you in all of them, the only constant.

Your thoughts have left such a deep impression

Nothing can cure me, no ANOVA, no regression

My brain has torn apart and fallen aside

Giving my heart a free hand to commit the crime

Yes, love is a crime after all that has happened,

All those sleepless nights, all that pain, all those yowls.

I learned no lesson; I am the worst of all.

 

I try staying away from you, but somehow, I get closer.

I try to stop thinking about you, but the desires get deeper.

I keep watching you during classes by pinning in Zoom

And leave only when a question comes from the Prof, Boom!!

I have become your virtual slave, a slave who was not hired.

And I wear that badge on my shoulders; God knows what transpired

The elegance in your gait and your baleful smile,

Have turned me totally imbecile.

The warmth in your looks, the feeling of comfort

The calmness in your attitude and the bewitching eyes

Take me to their world, a place of no return

I struggle to come back with serious effort.

 

Having a tea during breakfast or coffee at Suraj

A movie in LCR, lunch at Rasoi,

Or trying a hand at badminton which is your favorite

Those small moments spent with you, I cherish them all.

Your excitement during events and all the fun

We dance together and enjoy till the morning sun

Those late-night talks about series and movies,

Or discussions about projects and assignments.

Make me fall in love with your wit and intelligence.

But is there a conclusion, is there a destination

These are nothing but rhetorical questions

I have no answer to them, nor can I expect any

 

Because you are taken, and enjoying your life

With someone as good as one can imagine

A gem that you have got, I have no complaint

For he loves you more than me and I must restrain

I come from the seas and you from the highlands

Let that separation of nature remain

It’s not long that we graduate from this institution

And chase our dreams in this wild world,

All those sweet memories with you in these two years

Will keep playing like the sound of bagpipes, a skirl

But I can’t ignore the fact that in my life

You have added another chapter named “The XL Girl.”

Popular posts from this blog

तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय।

Art By : Amrita Patnaik  दिसम्बर की ठंड और मुझसे दूर तुम। मानो खुद के ही शहर में हो गया मैं गुम। आज भी हर सुबह, वो शाम याद आए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । कड़कती ठंड में भी तुम जैसे, सुबह की हल्की धूप। ढलती शाम में भी निखरते चाँद का प्रतिरूप। वो सारे शाम, जो हमने साथ बिताए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । साथ चलते - चलते उस शाम, तुमने चाय की फरमाइश की। और मेरे ना कहने की तो कोई गुंजाइश न थी। बहुत खूबसूरत लगती हो जब, होठों की मुस्कान, आँखों में आ जाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । बनते चाय में आता उबाल, जैसे तुम्हारे नाक पर गुस्सा। छोटी - मोटी नोकझोंक, वो भी हमारे प्यार का हिस्सा। तेरा मुझे डाँटना, आज भी मुझे रिझाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । दोनों हाथों से चाय का गिलास पकड़कर, तुम्हारा वो प्यार से फूँक लगाना। उन प्यारी - प्यारी अदाओं से दिल में मीठा हूँक उठाना। फिर गिलास को चूमती वो गुलाबी होंठ, हाय!!!! तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । हर चुस्की पर सुकून से तेरा, वो आँखें बंद कर लेना। और खुली आँखों से तुम्हें तकते - तकते मेरा जी भर

मेरे सपनों का भारत...

मेरे सपनों का भारत Art By Ananya Behera Drawn By : Anwesha Mishra कल रात को मैंने एक सपना देखा। सपने में वतन अपना देखा। मैंने देखा कि भारत बन गया है विकासशील से विकसित। जहाँ बच्चे से लेकर बूढ़े सभी थे शिक्षित। लोग कर चुका कर अदा कर रहे थे अपना फर्ज़। और काले धन से मुक्त होकर भारत पे नहीं था करोड़ों का कर्ज़। मेरे सपने में तो भारत अमेरिका के भी विकास के करीब था। उस भारत में, हरेक के पास रोज़गार और कोई नहीं गरीब था। जहाँ हर ओर मज़बूत सड़क, ऊँची इमारत और खेतों में हरयाली थी पर्याप्त। जहाँ विज्ञान का विकास और सर्वश्रेष्ठ थी यातायात। जहाँ उच्चतम तकनीकी विकास और विकसित था संचार। जहाँ नेता भलाई करते थे और शून्य पर था भ्रष्टाचार। मेरा सपना यहीं तक पहुँचा था कि हो गयी भोर। मेरी नींद टूट गई सुनकर गली में एक शोर। गली में कोई ऐसा गर्जित हुआ। कि स्वप्न को छोड़, वास्तविक भारत की ओर मेरा ध्यान आकर्षित हुआ। इस शोर ने मुझे देर से सोने की दे दी थी सजा। मैंने खिड़की खोलकर देखा कि शोर की क्या थी वजह? मैंन