Skip to main content

Many Happy Returns


Many Happy Returns


You were born
as my little brother.
But always acted
like an elder brother.

I am nine hundred fifty six
days older than you.
But still two inches
shorter than you.

You are the one with whom
I spent my childhood.
We shared everything
From sweetest memories to delicious food.

Whenever you got chocolates,
You brought half for me.
You had always been
“Smile, Happiness & laugh” for me.

You always said
“paddle as fast as you can”
Sitting on my cycle’s back seat.
And whenever we fell,
You were the first one to beat.

I can never forget the cricket matches,
we played together inside our room.
I still don't remember… Those 2 glasses
Of cupboard were broken by whom??

Time passed & we had
a lot of laughs & a lot of fights.
Those slaps & punches!!
We can never forget… right?

Your anger was always the worst
And the best thing about you.
The kindness behind that rage
Can only be seen by few.

“We look alike”, the world says
But you are more handsome, I admit.
You can make anyone laugh.
You’re gifted with that wit.

Whenever I was in front of mirror
You said “You don't have fashion sense”
And when you said “तुमसे ना हो पाएगा”
I had nothing left to say in defence.

Whenever I told you to do something,
You said “No”
but completed my work before time.
You being Sherlock, I being Mycroft,
Thanks for helping…. Brother Mine!!

I always laugh when you say
“Get a job soon & give me money too.
But I doubt, who will give a job
to a dumb like you.”

You’re my favourite companion
at all the wedding receptions
I never feel alone with you
On such special occasions.

Whenever we travelled together in bike
You always said “Get back, I’ll drive”
And each time I sat behind, I thought
“Am I going to reach home alive”

Meanwhile I became your
Tution teacher too.
But I must admit,
I learnt a lot more from you.

With passing time, increase in classes,
the time we spent became lesser & lesser.
That childhood innocence is lost somewhere
Because of life’s pressure.

I know we don't share all the secrets
with each other indeed.
But I know, we will stand together
& stand for each other in need.

19 years & still counting.
So I have… a lot more to say.
But first of all let me tell you :
“Many Happy Returns Of The Day”

-Deepak Kumar Sahu
-दीपक कुमार साहू
07/04/2018
07:15:29 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय।

Art By : Amrita Patnaik  दिसम्बर की ठंड और मुझसे दूर तुम। मानो खुद के ही शहर में हो गया मैं गुम। आज भी हर सुबह, वो शाम याद आए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । कड़कती ठंड में भी तुम जैसे, सुबह की हल्की धूप। ढलती शाम में भी निखरते चाँद का प्रतिरूप। वो सारे शाम, जो हमने साथ बिताए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । साथ चलते - चलते उस शाम, तुमने चाय की फरमाइश की। और मेरे ना कहने की तो कोई गुंजाइश न थी। बहुत खूबसूरत लगती हो जब, होठों की मुस्कान, आँखों में आ जाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । बनते चाय में आता उबाल, जैसे तुम्हारे नाक पर गुस्सा। छोटी - मोटी नोकझोंक, वो भी हमारे प्यार का हिस्सा। तेरा मुझे डाँटना, आज भी मुझे रिझाए, तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । दोनों हाथों से चाय का गिलास पकड़कर, तुम्हारा वो प्यार से फूँक लगाना। उन प्यारी - प्यारी अदाओं से दिल में मीठा हूँक उठाना। फिर गिलास को चूमती वो गुलाबी होंठ, हाय!!!! तुम, मैं और दो कप चाय । हर चुस्की पर सुकून से तेरा, वो आँखें बंद कर लेना। और खुली आँखों से तुम्हें तकते - तकते मेरा जी भर

मेरे सपनों का भारत...

मेरे सपनों का भारत Art By Ananya Behera Drawn By : Anwesha Mishra कल रात को मैंने एक सपना देखा। सपने में वतन अपना देखा। मैंने देखा कि भारत बन गया है विकासशील से विकसित। जहाँ बच्चे से लेकर बूढ़े सभी थे शिक्षित। लोग कर चुका कर अदा कर रहे थे अपना फर्ज़। और काले धन से मुक्त होकर भारत पे नहीं था करोड़ों का कर्ज़। मेरे सपने में तो भारत अमेरिका के भी विकास के करीब था। उस भारत में, हरेक के पास रोज़गार और कोई नहीं गरीब था। जहाँ हर ओर मज़बूत सड़क, ऊँची इमारत और खेतों में हरयाली थी पर्याप्त। जहाँ विज्ञान का विकास और सर्वश्रेष्ठ थी यातायात। जहाँ उच्चतम तकनीकी विकास और विकसित था संचार। जहाँ नेता भलाई करते थे और शून्य पर था भ्रष्टाचार। मेरा सपना यहीं तक पहुँचा था कि हो गयी भोर। मेरी नींद टूट गई सुनकर गली में एक शोर। गली में कोई ऐसा गर्जित हुआ। कि स्वप्न को छोड़, वास्तविक भारत की ओर मेरा ध्यान आकर्षित हुआ। इस शोर ने मुझे देर से सोने की दे दी थी सजा। मैंने खिड़की खोलकर देखा कि शोर की क्या थी वजह? मैंन

THE XL GIRL

  There are a thousand thoughts cramming my mind And you in all of them, the only constant. Your thoughts have left such a deep impression Nothing can cure me, no ANOVA, no regression My brain has torn apart and fallen aside Giving my heart a free hand to commit the crime Yes, love is a crime after all that has happened, All those sleepless nights, all that pain, all those yowls. I learned no lesson; I am the worst of all.   I try staying away from you, but somehow, I get closer. I try to stop thinking about you, but the desires get deeper. I keep watching you during classes by pinning in Zoom And leave only when a question comes from the Prof, Boom!! I have become your virtual slave, a slave who was not hired. And I wear that badge on my shoulders; God knows what transpired The elegance in your gait and your baleful smile, Have turned me totally imbecile. The warmth in your looks, the feeling of comfort The calmness in your attitude and the bewi